Saturday, June 20, 2015

Finally! The Giro Hex MTB helmet

After loosing my information on my iPad that I used to write this review, I got sick! I'm good now and here it is. When you think of a good mountain bike helmet, what do you think of? I think of the Giro Hex MTB helmet. I bought mine around five months or so ago. I had been using a cheap road bike helmet that was bulky, heavy, and the fit was horrible, so when I received my new helmet I was really excited to see the difference. First off, the color was exactly what I wanted. Bright fluorescent green. Of course  the Giro hex comes in many other colors as well. The Giro hex is lightweight at just over 300 grams. It has 21 vent holes which creates a much cooler ride especially here in Tucson Az. I went on a trail here that I had ridden before my new helmet and definitely a temperature difference (for the better of course). The Giro helmet features the Roc Loc 5 fitting system which is top notch. This particular fitting system creates a very secure, and safe feel that completely surrounds your head, while still keeping a low profile and adding Little weight. There is also three notches to adjust the height that the helmet sits on your head. Of all the good I can say about this extraordinary helmet, there is something I want to bring out. The chin straps. The chin straps are sturdy and all but they don't conform to your cheek/chin very well. It's a little uncomfortable when riding buy when on a trail you don't notice. It was a great purchase and I still love using it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment